PARAGLIDING ACCURACY EUROPEAN CUP
RULES FOR PGAEC
The goal of the European cups in PG in accuracy landing is to provide the best possible conditions for the competitors to achieve the best results. Through organizing competitions, PGAEC wants to promote this discipline and aeronautical sports in general in accordance to FAI rules.
– Competition has to follow FAI rules,
– One practice day (or at least one round before the start of the first competition day) and at least two competition days have to be foreseen for a competition,
– Pilot’s registration has to be proceeded via internet on www.pgaec.org or organizer internet site,
– Only pilots with valid FAI sporting license can attend a PGAEC competition,
– Pilot entry fee for one competition should be minimum 50 EUR,
– Organizer provides lunch and competition transportation for pilots, some souvenirs (T-shirt, cap…) and expense for technical delegate and one foreigner competition judge,
– Organizer has to provide competition results and photo material (high resolution made by professional photographer) to technical delegate for internet site.
– Competitors must have a valid FAI sporting license and third party insurance,
– Number of rounds: maximum eight (8) rounds per competition,
– Validation: minimum one round has to be completed to validate a competition,
– Competition has to be judged by a team of skilled judges who are led by an international judge,
– PGAEC Technical delegate helps the competition director for a competition to run smoothly.
PGAEC scoring and prizes:
– If there are five or more valid rounds, the worst individual score is dropped,
– Final PGAEC tour ranking for individual and for team ranking: best 2/3 round results from the whole PGAEC tour in one season count toward final ranking for that season.
– Team consists of three pilots,
– Pilots cannot change the team during the season,
– The results of all 3 competitors are counted,
– By compiling the results of 3 competitors in all rounds, the winner of the competition is obtained,
– The team, the winner of the season, is obtained by adding up all the results achieved during the season.
Competitors outside of Europe:
– Competitors from all over the world can participate in European Cups.
– Competitors outside of Europe are scored for FAI ranking.
– Competitors outside of Europe can not get any awards meant for PGAEC.
– Competitors outside of Europe can not compete in a team for PGAEC.